Hapa Izakaya Restaurant in Coal Harbour is seeking a Specialist Chef with responsibilities for:
- Leading preparation of Japanese Izakaya menu items (lunch and dinner)
- Developing new menu items
- Overseeing and supervising assistant cooks, training of junior cooks, and kitchen staff
- Scheduling kitchen personnel
- Managing inventory of foodstuffs and kitchen supplies
This is a permanent full-time position with salary of $23.00/hour based on a 40-hour work week. Benefits include vacation time per Employment Standards Act. Work location is Coal Harbour, in downtown Vancouver.
Candidates must have several years of commercial cooking experience, or combination of experience and relevant cooking certificate. Izakaya cooking experience is an asset (not mandatory). No minimum education requirement. English required, at least sufficient for emergencies.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Specialist Chef at Coal Harbour”.