Hapa Izakaya Restaurant in Yaletown is seeking Assistant Cooks with responsibilities for:
- Preparation of Japanese Izakaya menu items (lunch and dinner) by washing, cutting, preparing and cooking food items under direction of Specialist Chef.
- Assisting Specialist Chef and kitchen staff as directed by Specialist Chef.
- Assisting with training of junior cooks
- Maintaining kitchen utensils, tools and stations
- Maintaining safe handling of food
This is a permanent full-time position with salary of $15.00/hour -$17.00/hour based on a 40-hour work week, depending upon experience. Benefits include vacation time per Employment Standards Act. Work location is Yaletown, in downtown Vancouver.
Candidates must have several years of commercial cooking experience, or combination of experience and relevant cooking certificate. Izakaya cooking experience is an asset (not mandatory). No minimum education requirement. English required, at least sufficient for emergencies.
Email resume to: email@example.com with subject line: “Assistant Cooks at Yaletown”.